- Nevada is ranked DEAD LAST in meeting mental health needs in the U.S.
Nevada has the 4TH HIGHEST RATE OF OVERDOSE DEATHS in the nation.
Nevada is ranked in the TOP 10 OF STATES FOR DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE, with one of the highest percentage of citizens addicted to an illegal substance.
- Suicide is the 3RD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN TEENS in Nevada.
- 69% of individuals in Southern Nevada suffering from a diagnosable mental health disorder WILL NOT RECEIVE TREATMENT they need to recover.
- 41% of Southern Nevadans believe that OUR COMMUNITY DOESN'T CARE about people SUFFERING from mental health conditions.
- 94% of the counties in Nevada are designated mental health PROFESSIONAL SHORTAGE AREAS.
- Over $80 MILLION DOLLARS has been slashed from our mental health budget.
- Nevada’s per capita state mental health funding is more than 25% LOWER than the NATIONAL AVERAGE.
- Only 2% of Nevada’s total state spending is allocated towards mental health.
- Greater than 1/3 of all adults in Nevada will report having POOR MENTAL HEALTH in the last 30 days.
- Las Vegas has 4TH HIGHEST RATE OF HOMELESSNESS in U.S.
Nevada is ranked DEAD LAST IN U.S. EDUCATION.