Frequently Asked Questions About Life Coaching
- How is life coaching different from other forms of coaching?
Life coaching is different from other forms of coaching in a number of ways. First, and probably the most obvious is, sports coaching trains you for a physical competition. Don’t worry, I’m not going to have you running laps!
We don’t resolve therapy issues because therapy focuses on past history or trauma while life coaching focuses on the present and future goals/plans.
And last, hopefully you have a BFF (best friends forever), they can be very supportive and give you great positive encouragement. But, unfortunately they’re not always honest when it pertains to personal issues because they don’t want to hurt your feelings and they themselves may be emotionally invested in the situation.
That’s why you need an objective professional who you can trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your personal or professional life.
- What are the advantages of online life coaching?
Online life coaching makes sense for a lot of reasons. The obvious practical advantages are convenience, saving time, money, and energy from traveling. But, the deeper advantages are:
- There’s no geographical restrictions. So, you can be located anywhere in the world.
- With the advent of email and popular communications software like Skype, it’s drastically cheaper than telephone coaching.
- Everything is under one umbrella – right on your computer!
- By having a coaching session done through email, you can remind yourself of the session’s content at anytime.
- If a specific topic comes up, it’s much easier to be able to share files or articles, web links or videos, etc…, so a few clicks and it’s done allowing you to move forward more quickly.
- Is Life Coaching going to benefit me?
Every star at the top of their game, whether it’s sports stars, performers, or artists, all have a team of professional coaches working with them. It just makes sense to hire a coach to help you be at the top of your game in your life.
Coaching can help you make decisions, break unhealthy habits, reach goals, improve communication, improve your image, create a love relationship that you always dreamed of with your partner, or help finding the love of your life.
Coaching is different than therapy. Therapy looks at the past where coaching is present and future centered. Coaching is usually focused on a set of very specific results instead of a broad range mental health assessment. Coaching does not prescribe medication or diagnose mental or emotional disorders. It does look at where you are now, where you want to be and gives you steps, support, and accountability to get there.
Life and Relationship Coaching is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by:
- Helping create plans and set achievable goals
- Creating greater self-awareness
- Harnessing energy
- Taking inspired action
- Taking intentional responsibility
- Reflecting for learning
- Assessment of desired results
- Celebrating accomplishments
- Assimilating transformational impact in their life and relationship
- Why does someone decide to hire a coach?
- To be vital, healthy and care for total mind, body and spirit well-being
- Create Inner Power and Personal Peace that will remain strong amidst life’s stormiest weather
- To be in a deeply loving, intimate, conscious marriage/relationship that lasts
- To have balance between working and living
- To communicate and connect wisely and compassionately
- To move out of and beyond being stuck in achieving one’s goals
- To fulfill the souls path, life dream
- To work through difference(s) together and become an effective relationship
- To complete a project and follow through a commitment
- To live with and on purpose
- How can holistic life and relational coaching benefit me/us?
Coaches can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult dilemma or point you in the direction of a possible solution. The benefits you obtain from coaching depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from coaching include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your signature strengths, beliefs, supports, goals and values
- Developing skills and harnessing inner resources for improving your relationship to yourself and to others
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek coaching
- Learning new ways (holistic process and tools) to resolve and manage challenges
- Tapping into one’s inner wisdom and guidance
- Improving one’s ability to connect through communications channels and enhanced listening skills
- Transforming beliefs and behavior patterns that hinder growth and develop appropriate new ones that are life giving and foster well-being
- Discovering ways to deal with relationship concerns from a conscious and evolving place
- Enhancing and integrating wisdom, compassion and empowerment with regard for the higher purposes of one’s relational journey
- Can coaching be effective through the eMail, Skype, and/or telephone?
Absolutely. The main advantage of email coaching is the freedom it provides. Coaching takes place by email and, therefore, you can be coached at the time and place of your choice. Coaching fees are lower due to lower overhead costs and there are no travel expenses, so you enjoy significant savings while receiving the same value as you would for face to face meetings. Combining email coaching with occasional phone or skype options can give you a well rounded approach to more efficiently and effectively reach your coaching goals.
- What is coaching like?
Every coaching session is unique and is customized to each individual/couple/group according to their specific goals. Coaching can be done by email, Skype or telephone.
It is common to schedule a series of weekly or regular sessions according to the client’s needs and pace. Coaching can be short-term, focusing on a specific issue or goal, or longer-term, addressing complex issues/dilemmas or personal/professional transformational goals. There are different service packages to choose from.
Often times coaching will involved certain actions outside of the coaching sessions, such as beginning to meditate for three minutes a day, reading a relevant book or keeping records to track action steps and its impact.
- What can I expect from coaching?
- Begin living a happier, more centered life
- Create a vision, purpose or goal
- Brainstorm new ways of thinking to achieve your desired goals
- Identify resources, supports and processes for attaining goals
- Explore and experiment with options using practical guidance
- Develop an inspired action plan with specific attainable steps
- Practice, implement and readjust strategies and processes
- Affirm learning and celebrate growth and goals achieved each step of the way
- Is coaching confidential?
All information shared is strictly confidential except in circumstance governed by the laws including the mandatory reporting of alleged harm to self or harm to others, and in the case of child, handicapped person, or elder abuse. We are required by law to report such confidences to the proper authorities. All information shared by phone or email on our end will be confidential; however, we cannot guarantee that on your end. It is up to you to ensure your email, Skype service and phone are protected.
- Is feedback possible if there are concerns about the coaching process?
Yes, feedback is requested often and adjustments are made at any time in order to assure desired results.
- What are the procedures for scheduling coaching sessions?
eMail coaching is done throughout the day at multiple times.
Skype and telephone coaching times are scheduled based on mutual convenience. For Skype and phone sessions, you must give 48 hours prior notice if you need to reschedule your appointment or you will be charged for your session in full. Either party may end the coaching relationship, by giving written, email or verbal communication.