You don’t have to wait until you are rich, successful, partnered up, or for any other life event before you start really LIVING your life. You can tell your autopilot to take a hike, tap into your inner muse and create an exciting and vibrant life no matter what else is going on around you. This is the perfect time to take matters into your own hands and start creating your life in a way you want to live it, and in a way you will be happy to sit around and remember when you are old and gray. It’s really much easier than you think. Get out a pen and paper and follow these tips.
6 Easy Ways to Create a More Exciting Life Today
1. Change one thing every day to avoid falling into a rut. Structure is great, but too much structure is constricting. Besides when you change up anything, your mind feels fresher. Give it a try and find out for yourself. Here are some things to try:
- Instead of coffee in the morning, drink tea
- Take a different route to work or school
- Wake up five minutes early and walk briskly or exercise
- Wear your clothes in different combinations
- Have supper for breakfast and breakfast for supper
- Find something new to say to those you see, instead of “Good Morning” or “How are you?” try “Happy Day!” or “You Rock”
Small changes can lead to big changes, so pursue them often.
2. Participate in things you normally don’t get involved with. Whether it’s looking for new blogs to comment on or just taking that extra minute to talk with a friend, become an active participant instead of a passive witness. For extra credit, join a club or team sport or something that gets you out of the house. If you simply don’t have time, then just take five minutes to find some other way to become more involved in what is going on around you.
3. Make it a point to give something every single day. Even if it is a heartfelt compliment or gesture of gratitude, give something to someone else every single day. For extra credit, volunteer with your favorite cause because when you are giving, you get back tenfold.
4. Learn anything and everything you can get your hands on. Start with something that interests you and learn as much as you can about it and then push the envelope to learn something new that you aren’t sure if you are interested or not. There are tons of free resources to learn anything you want online, or look around at your community resources to see what’s available or take some courses. When you learn, you give your brain a workout to keep it healthy and flexible.
5. Create something new every day or spend five minutes each day doing anything at all that’s creative. Whether it’s writing, painting, drawing, even arranging your space or doodling on a notepad, the act of creation connects yourself to deep levels of you.
6. Stop and breathe in the moment. There is no other moment exactly the same as this one right now, do your best to enjoy it no matter what else is going on. Stay mindful of your minutes, they ultimately make up your life.
For a bonus tip, get rid of the excuses. Your life is nobody’s fault but yours and if you want it to be fantastic, then you have to do things to make it be that way. Get started immediately! What you will find is that life becomes more vibrant, you will feel alive and that you have more control over your life than when you just exist in autopilot zone. You will feel more deeply connected to yourself and you’ll see that your life is a blank canvas and you truly are the artist.